IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I miss him

My newest excuse for not having posted for a while - my younger brother committed suicide two weeks ago. God, I hate just typing those words.
He was such a great guy - I miss him so much. I flew back from Brisbane to Pennsylvania for the funeral, and was back to work in less than two weeks....between the jet lag, shock, and grief the time has slipped past in a fog. I'm not sure how effective I am back here at the office, but the baby needs nappies, so Daddy's gotta work....
I'll never understand why he did that. He had everything going for him, and he certainly seemed happy. I can't help thinking that he probably wishes he had that moment of insanity back, to try it again without putting the gun to his head. Unfortunately, you don't get a lot of "do-overs" in this life. Just a tip for all you kids out there: Don't drink & play with guns.
As terribly sad as the last few weeks have been, I am that much more committed to loving life. I hope I never feel like checking out early. I hope you don't either.
Love,
Kev

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Behind The Silence said...

I am deeply sorry for your loss, dear.

I myself am a survivor of suicide. And the one thing that saved my life was seeing how people reacted to the death of one of my peers. I know work as a group councilor for those struggling with the problems I once faced.

Time heals...Or so they say.

Deep sympathies

~Silence

 

Post a Comment

<< Home