IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

And...she's off!!

What a busy week it's been!
Yoyo started crawling on Monday evening. She had been making all the right moves, and she had the starting position down pat, but she just couldn't put all the actions together at the same time. Actually, she was moving around - she would get on hands and knees and push herself backwards, or she would sort of slip and slide sideways and eventually get to where she wanted to go...but, on Monday night....as we sat in her room watching...she CRAWLED FORWARD. There was much rejoicing and clapping of hands in the IFLYG household.
My lovely wife is re-joining the work-force next week, so it is with a lot of mixed emotions that we are putting Yoyo into daycare. She had her first visit yesterday, and had a great play in the morning, but there were a few tears when she woke up from her mid-day nap. I left work early, to see how she was doing, and boy, was she glad to see me. She grabbed ahold of me and gave me a huge hug. The ladies at the child-care place are very nice, and they said that she'd actually had a pretty good day despite the tears, and said that she's crawling and pulling herself up very well...
This was news to me - she's pulling herself up? I sat on the floor of the daycare centre and put her on the floor next to me, and she put one hand on my knee and the other on my arm, and effortlessly stood up. Oh my god! You could have knocked me over with a feather. She crawled for the first time on Monday, and by Wednesday she's standing up by herself. She's just over 7 months old! 4 weeks ago, she was just learning how to roll from her back to her tummy and back again. Everyone says they grow up so quickly, but Jeez! She'll be riding a bicycle by the end of the weekend....
Lovely wife is struggling a little bit with the whole "going back to work" scenario. I feel pretty sad about it, too. But we want to send her to a nice school someday, and save some money for number 2 (and hopefully 3...), so until that Lottery pays off, I can't see another option. If Yoyo absolutely hates it, we'll have to re-examine our options. We are both quietly confident that she'll be fine - she was passed around between family and friends over the holidays like a joint at Woodstock, and it didn't phase her a bit.
But we're still a little sad...c'mon Lotto!!!!

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Dutch said...

Wow, she really is doing that stuff so early!

I know just how you guys rae feeling about the whole daycare experience. We went through that last July. I was really skeptical about our provider at first, but with time they really bonded with Juniper.

By the way, I've been here a couple of times after seeing you around, and I wanted to comment that the picture of yoyo is really cute.

You should submit some photos of her to the bloggingbaby flickr pool. It's a great way to get exposure for your blog.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Chocolate makes it better said...

Mate all those things all at once......you lucky devil :-)

That's great man....I'm so happy for you.

I'm with Dutch....that is one cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute photo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home