IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Monday, January 09, 2006

My First Meme!!

I've been "tagged" by Chocolate Makes it Better, apparently. Am I using these terms correctly? Jeez, I feel like a total Luddite sometimes. I didn't even really know what a Meme was - I had to look it up on Wikepedia:

The term meme ([miːm] in the IPA; rhymes with "dream"; from the Greek word mimema for 'something imitated') often refers to any piece of information passed from one mind to another. In this sense, it relates closely to the academic study of folklore, in that folkloristics deals with the informal communication of cultural information.

I think I'm supposed to pass it on to five people, etc - but I don't even know five people with blogs (at least, not well enough to ask them to play along), so I'll be breaking the chain. I suppose this means 7 years' bad luck or something, but there ya go...

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was living in Omaha Nebraska, working in my first management role in a multi-national IT/ Finance company. I'd moved from Los Angeles back to the mid-west after the LA riots (Rodney King & all that), and was trying to get used to the bitter cold & snow again...

What were you doing one year ago?
My lovely wife was 4 months pregnant, we were living in Brisbane, and we'd just returned from a round-the-world trip to the northern hemisphere in winter. We went to Chicago, Maryland, Pennsylvania, London, and Vienna. I was trying to introduce my lovely wife to the concept of "bitter cold & snow". She promised before we left that she wouldn't complain about the weather, and God bless her - she never did (although I know she was shocked & rocked by the cold).

Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Pate, cheese & crackers
2. Fresh baked bread with virgin olive oil & vinegar...mmm....
3. Gummi Bears, gummi worms, gummi babies....anything gummi. I have a problem.
4. Proscuitto & melon.
5. Smoked ham from the deli, stealing a slice, then another, then another....

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
Lots & lots....I'll try to name a variety:
1. The Lady is a Tramp, by Frank Sinatra (I am a karaoke whore)
2. Papa was a Rolling Stone, by Sly & the Family Stone
3. Jump in the Line, by Harry Belafonte
4. London Calling, The Clash
5. Gangsta Gangsta, N.W.A

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Quit work
2. Ask lovely wife to quit work
3. Buy perfect house close to beach
4. Buy deep-sea fishing boat
5. Live happily ever after

Five bad habits:
1. Biting my fingernails
2. Smoking (will quit Real Soon Now. Again.)
3. Occasional self-doubt. Very occasional, but it pisses me off when I'm not confident.
4. I've got a tendency to pout if I don't get my way. Or so I'm told.
5. BWI. Blogging While Intoxicated.

Five things I like doing
1. Playing with lovely wife & daughter
2. Cooking/ Making things from scratch (bread, pasta, pizza - Jeez, Chocolate Makes it Better: the similarities are freaking me out a little bit!)
3. Long rides on my motorcycle on an empty, winding road on a gorgeous Queensland day.*
4. Drinking beer with a bunch of friends at a pub on a lazy summer Saturday afternoon with nothing else to do for the rest of the day.*
5. Fishing. I don't know what I'm doing, but love it, and I reckon I've got the rest of my life to get good enough to actually catch fish.
( * never happens anymore)

Five things you would never wear or buy again.
1. Parachute pants.
2. A Toyota RAV4 (Lovely wife just had to have it. Shoulda put my foot down.)
3. Dominos pizza. Ugh.
4. A mullet.
5. Short-sleeved work shirts & ties. Please shoot me if I ever convince myself that this is a good look.

My favorite toys
1. Our baby's Jolly Jumper. Best toy ever.
2. Playstation
3. Motorcycle.
4. iPod
5. Fishing gear.

Alas, there ends this line of questioning, and I'll not be passing this on to five other bloggers...but thanks for inviting me to play, CMIB!!

1 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger Chocolate makes it better said...

Mate how good are sly and the family stone!!!

And i'm with you on the short sleeve tie thing. It goes along with knee high socks and thongs....gotta love those old dudes in the RSL's

Gotta update my blog list to add yours in there......i'm a bit of a slacker....but I will get around to it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home