IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Do you remember your first kiss?

Jenny kiss'd me when we met, Jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get Sweets into your list, put that in!
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad, Say that health and wealth have miss'd me,
Say I'm growing old, but add, Jenny kiss'd me.
Leigh Hunt (1784-1859)

Yoyo gave me a kiss over the weekend! I am still amazed and absolutely thrilled by it. It's been a long, long time since a kiss had that sort of effect on me....no offence, Lovely Wife.
Yoyo is just over 8months old now, and is an accomplished crawler with a natural inclination to destroy things. She isn't really talking yet, although she understands several words, like "milk" "mommy" "daddy", and apparently "kiss".
The lovely wife was out with some friends on Saturday, and they were trying to get our daughter to kiss their son for a photo. "Give him a kiss, Yoyo! Give him a little kiss...". It took a bit of prodding, but she eventually leaned forward and gave him a nice little smooch. It made for a cute photo (I'll post it later), and of course I was proud because she is getting so smart.
On Sunday, I took the baby grocery shopping (as usual; Lovely Wife has a habit of spending way too much money and not really stocking the fridge when she goes, so I do the groceries). We had the usual fun time in the supermarket - I tickle her feet, and she sings to me, and I let her touch different things as we walk up and down the aisles, and we both smile and laugh a lot. She's a chick-magnet (Yoyo is the cutest baby, ever), so we always get to chat with all of the women in the store, so we both usually leave in a good mood.
As I was carrying her back to the car, apropo of nothing, she grabbed my shirt by both shoulders, leaned in and planted a big sloppy kiss right on my mouth. She did it so sweetly, so unexpectedly, so deliberately and nice - I'm still all choked up just thinking about it now.
Being a parent is so fucking great....

2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Ken said...

Very nice.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Chocolate makes it better said...

oh man....isn't that just the best!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home