IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Monday, March 06, 2006

I have become such a worrier.....

It's been an exciting time in the IFLYG household...
We are in the process of buying a house, which is sort of terrifying the hell out of me. It's a beautiful old house, in a great neighborhood - close to a park and a primary school and shops and transportation, etc. I really love the idea of Yoyo growing up here, and would feel that she was relatively safe in the area. Of course, it isn't cheap, so I have been coming to grips with the monster mortgage that we are about to sign up for, and we are in a sort of nervous daze as we go through all the actions.
To complicate matters, I have to apply for my job. I have been working as a contractor (been here for two years on a six-month contract so far) but the role is being advertised full-time. So if I am successful in applying for it - I will have to take a substantial pay-cut. If I am not successful - I will be unemployed with a huge mortgage. The beautiful wife has a pretty good job, but wouldn't be able to pay for the new house on just her income....so I am biting my nails a bit..... Hopefully it all works out....

2 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger Angry Dad said...

I'm sure you'll be fine. Even if you don't pick up the full time job, I'm sure they'll find you something else in the contract space. The market seems to be pretty good here at the moment!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Chocolate makes it better said...

Hey man....congrats on the house...that's great news.

Good luck on the job front....i hope it all works out. (i'm sure it will)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home