IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I guess that this must be the place...

Yesterday I had to be in to work very early, had a very busy morning, and was feeling like rat-shit by 2pm, so I told the boss I was taking off (much to his displeasure, but hey - I'd already done my 8.5 hrs, and I work for the government).
The wife was working from home, so I surprised her by getting home so early, and we picked up Yoyo from childcare, and she just had this really great excited, happy look on her face because she hadn't expected to see us so early.
We went to the park across the street, and played on the swing (which she loves - though it scares the hell out of the wife), and we played in the sand-pit, and then went for an ice cream. It was a gorgeous afternoon, and lots of other kids in the park with their parents, and there was just a really great vibe. As we walked home, the late afternoon sun lit up the front of our new (to us) house like it was bathed in a soft golden light....it was just one of those moments. Sen & I put our arms around each other while we pushed the pram and it really felt like magic.
I hope my boss isn't too pissed off...but whatever the cost - it was worth it.

1 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Chocolate makes it better said...

Are you sure you don't live on a movie set....man that sounds like the perfect afternoon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home