IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Sunday, April 30, 2006

tagged...

My mate CMIB dared me to relate six weird things about me that I haven't blogged about before:

1. I cry watching movies. And at the opera. And, if I'm in the car by myself & I hear song that just hits me...or during commercials for long-distance phone companies...shit like that. I cannot watch 5 minutes of the film "Of Mice & Men" without bawling my eyes out. I am a big sensitive pussy.

2. I used to be quite the little actor, and was in a lot of plays. I have been in about 50 plays; not in a long time, but I was quite serious about it back in the day. I auditioned for a part in the movie "My Bodyguard", which starred a young Matt Dillon, and was filmed in Chicago (my hometown) in '79 or so. I went & met the producers & director & all that - got a letter a few weeks later telling me I had a role in the film (yes!), and it all fell through somehow, and that was pretty much the end of my acting career.

3. I was a wrestler in high school. Maybe to make up for the shit I used to have to take for the drama stuff. I wasn't a good wrestler, but I was a wrestler goddamit...

4. I got kicked out of three high schools. Then dropped out and joined the Army. I was always in the wrong place at the wrong time, doing the wrong sort of thing - and I am not the type to try to weasel out of anything, so I always took the full brunt of every punishment.

I was in a fistfight in H.S. #1 (9th grade) and flattened a kid right as the dean and some policemen were walking out the door. Got arrested & everything. In H.S. #2, bought a joint from another kid across the street from school; a teacher saw the transaction & called me into the principal's office. I admitted it & was expelled. In H.S. #3, they put me in remedial classes because of my violent, drug-crazed history, and I had to sit through classes with kids who couldn't read and had tattoos on their necks, etc. - so I just quit going. And got kicked out again for truancy.

5. I can recite dozens of poems, and Simpsons episodes, by heart. "Jabberwocky", "Oh Captain My Captain", "The Walrus & the Carpenter", "Ozymondias", etc etc etc.

6. I am a karaoke whore. I think I sound just like Sinatra, and I act like I own the stage when I'm on it. Thank god I have an 11-month-old daughter so I don't really get out much anymore :)

Weird enough?

2 Comments:

At 2:54 AM, Blogger Chocolate makes it better said...

put all these together and I reckon you have a nice little script for a play there my friend!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Angry Dad said...

Pretty weird! I loved the film "My Bodyguard", so I was hoping you were in it so I could say, I know this guy in movies.. but alas, I just have to say I know a guy who got kicked outta school!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home