IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Monday, June 19, 2006

Just wondering...

I have met a lot of really great people since starting this blog - most of them either new parents, or at least parents with small children. It's been a great way to meet new friends, get parenting advice, and, most importantly, to realise that there a lot of great people out there going through the same joys and difficulties as I am as a new father.

Most of the blogs I read on a daily basis detail the trials and tribulations of raising babies - about how scary it is when they just can't stop crying, or how frustrating it is when they just will not go to sleep, or how exciting it is when they say their first words, or start to walk, or crawl, or do just about anything for the first time. I love reading about that stuff.

I was just wondering, though, if these friendships I have been making will be lasting relationships, or if we'll just drift apart after the novelty of being a new parent wears off. I hope that years from now, I'll still be reading all of your blogs, and that you'll still be reading mine. But I wonder what we'll be blogging about in 5, or ten, or fifteen years? Will we be posting about our kids' first dates, or their first brushes with the law, or gloating about their successes, or just daydreaming about how we'll be remodelling the house when they finally move out?

It should be interesting...

3 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Anonymous MetroDad said...

Don't worry. my friend. You're not getting rid of me that easily! Just kidding. In all seriousness, I think the whole phenomenon of being friends with people via blogging is similar to meeting one of the parents of your kid's friends and finding out that you really get along anyway. Although we might have "met" through our kids, I like to think we still would have gotten along had we met in a different way!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Chocolate makes it better said...

Metro, I completely agree.

Who cares about the conduit to meeting someone, as long as you get along, that's all that matters right?

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Chocolate makes it better said...

Metro, I completely agree.

Who cares about the conduit to meeting someone, as long as you get along, that's all that matters right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home