IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Monday, June 12, 2006

Stumbling, falling down, and other adventures

Grandma & Granpa were in town for the Queen's Birthday long-weekend (good on ya, Liz!), and were able to witness Yoyo's first attempts at walking. Needless to say, they were very proud to have been present at this auspicious event, and we were pretty happy about the timing ourselves.

Yoyo has been standing up by herself for a few weeks now, and she's been very excited about it, but this weekend was the first time she's actually taken that first step. And every time she does it, she gets a huge smile on her face, claps her hands, and yells "Yay!!". It's very cute. Her current record is four steps before falling down, but she gets back up immediately to try again. I'm pretty proud of her myself.

Having the in-laws in town for the weekend gave me and the lovely wife a perfect (rare) opportunity to get out of the house together and meet some good friends for a lovely dinner at a local Thai restaraunt, and then over to another friend's house to watch the rugby and have several drinks. I have become a bit of a lightweight over the last year, unfortunately, and I was a bit tipsy - but hopefully didn't embarrass myself too terribly (I am pretty sure I didn't break anything, and my friends are still speaking with me, so I think I may have gotten away with it).

All things considered, it was a pretty good weekend.

3 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous MetroDad said...

Congrats on Yoyo's first steps. That's awesome. Those 4 steps are going to turn into 40 soon enough. Have fun!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Angry Dad said...

First Steps are pretty awesome. Our son has just gone into full on crawl mode, although today he was holding onto the step and half standing, but hopefully walking is still a little time off. He's hard enough to catch now!

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Kara said...

yay Yoyo!

Okay, and, I want a queen so I can celebrate her birthday. All we have here is a retarded cowboy.... and THAT's no reason to celebrate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home