IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Monday, July 31, 2006

My love - she take the train...

Life has been soo busy....fun, but busy....I keep meaning to blog, but, well, you know...

Work has become very full-on over the past month; I've taken on a different role, and as it's the first time the organisation has had this sort of role - I have had to define what I am supposed to be delivering for them. I like the challenge of breaking new ground, but it does consume a lot of time and energy. But I am mostly pretty happy with the way it's going.

We have been taking Yoyo to child-care on the train for the last week - the confined space and captive audience really suit her personality. She flirts shamelessly with everybody, grabs hold of anything within reach, and keeps up a running commentary until we reach our stop. It's really great watching the faces of people around us as she catches their eye and flashes her flirtiest smile. I find myself making judgements about people based on their reactions to her: if they smile and flirt back with her, they are nice people; if they utterly ignore her, they are heartless, unhappy jerks. I know I shouldn't judge others, but I also know that I am right.

Yesterday, a policeman got on the train and stood next to me. As the doors closed and the train started rolling, Yoyo stared at him for a moment or two, then slapped his leather jacket and shouted "Hi!!". The cop, who had been looking very serious and cop-like, broke into a huge grin and patted her head...it's funny because I haven't always been the kind of guy to share a warm friendly moment with an on-duty police officer....

And the other day, I bumped into a guy I used to work with; a very dapper and proper Indian gentleman....we chatted as the train chugged along, about work, and business opportunities around town, and so on, when Yoyo decided she wanted to kiss him. She thrust both hands out towards him, and started making her "mmmm" sound (to show she wanted a kiss). She'd just finished eating a cookie, and was a bit of a mess....my old mate just sort of politely backed away. I like riding the train with her - it's endlessly amusing....

I'll try to blog more - I hope everyone is well, and that things are going your way!

3 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Kara said...

I love the way babies flirt. Then one day people think you're weird if you flirt like that. And I should know.

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous MetroDad said...

Isn't that the coolest? When little kids can crack the solemn exteriors of even the toughest-looking characters? I love seeing that.

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Angry Dad said...

That's pretty cool. I make the same kind of judgements you do in relation to how people react to the kids. Weird isn't it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home