IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Zippy Dee Do Dah....

Yesterday, out of the blue, my lovely wife says: "Wow - that last post on your blog was depressing! Is everything ok, honey?".

I was speechless. Firstly - Wow: my wife's now reading my blog! Hi honey!! Check the archives - I've always referred to you as "my lovely wife", and I've hardly ever bitched about you! Fact!

Secondly, I didn't mean for my last post to be depressing. I'm not really depressed. I think my good mate Chocolate Makes it Better was right when he suggested that I've got "end-of-year-itis". I've taken his advice and Marley'd up a few times in the last week, and I am feeling much more festive...

It is actually sort of nice now that the year is coming to an end. It's been a very full-on year. I didn't quite meet all of my goals for 2006, but I feel like I gave it a red-hot go, and I'm happy about that. And at the end of the day, every day, I get to go home to a beautiful little house, in a fantastic neighborhood, to my lovely wife (who reads my blog and checks to make sure I am ok!) and almost-supernaturally-adorable little daughter. I've got lots of close friends and people that I care about; I've got a couple of dollars in my pocket & there's food in the fridge; Australia won back the Ashes; and life is pretty damn good.

I hope everything is going well for you - that you've got a roof over your head, and some people that you care about in your life. I hope that 2006 was good for you, and that 2007 is even better.

Happy Holidays - IFLYG!

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Anonymous MetroDad said...

Happy holidays, my friend! Best wishes to you and the family.

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays to you too!

The hug is on it's way via airmail.

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're jamin......oh yeah we're jamin.

Did you also make sure you had a large stockpile of TimTams?

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Steph said...

I hope you managed to get through the season ok. Update your blog already!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home