IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Monday, March 26, 2007

Old School


A post by my old blogging mate MetroDad, in which he admitted to his love for Tears for Fears, New Order, Pet Shop Boys, et al, has got me reminiscing a bit.


I am a die-hard 80's fan, musically anyway. Especially after a couple of drinks - I can be found out the back, in our study, Gary Newman up way too loud, and dancing my 42-year-old ass off. I am going to be such an embarassment to my daughter someday.


Poking around in my archives, I came across this picture of me, circa 1987. My little brother was visiting me in California, and I was showing off my new bike. (Please note - I was not going for a ride barefoot! I was crazy back then - but not that stupid).


But how cool are the stone-washed jeans, the mullet hair-style, the aviator shades, and the "I'm 23 and I have a motorcycle" shit-eating grin on my face?


Good times....

4 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Nice bike! I'm hoping to learn to ride sometime this summer.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger poody said...

Love the photo but really love the car in the background. Is that a pinto?? or maybe a vega?

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Chocolate makes it better said...

Are the donut marks still in the carpark??

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Aviator glasses are back in. So actually, you're looking pretty cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home