IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Thursday, May 31, 2007

2 Years?!


When you find out that you're going to be having a baby, people give you all kinds of advice. They tell you that life as you know it is over. They tell you that you're not going to get any sleep. They tell you that it's going to be expensive. They tell you that your carefree days are over, and that you have to start being responsible.


Nobody ever told me that I was about to fall in love with the most wonderful person I could ever imagine. Nobody said that one day this amazing little kid would run across the room to throw her arms around me and give me an unbelievably fierce hug for no reason at all, and that my heart and mind and soul would blaze with a passion that I've never known before. No one ever said that everything I've ever thought about life, the universe, and everything was about to expand exponentially, and that I'd finally understand what is important.


I don't blame them. No one could have known. There really aren't any words anyway.


I can't believe it's only been two years. I can't imagine or remember life without you in it. Happy Birthday, Yoyo.

4 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Pete said...

Mate....what a great bloody post!!

This is why I started my blog about my kids....cause even though we try we can't write even a slither of what it feels like to be a dad however, other dads read posts like this and go.....'yup....know exactly what he'
s talking about!!!'

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Isn't it the best feeling? Happy belated to your little one.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Steph said...

What a fantastic post. You really made me smile, and I needed that today.
I hope Yoyo realises what a fantastic dad she has.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger unique_stephen said...

yep

 

Post a Comment

<< Home