IFLYG

I Fuckin' Love You Guys....

Monday, August 13, 2007

Single Parenting...for a few days....

We've been looking forward for months and months to attending the wedding of some very good friends on the beautiful central coast of New South Wales.

Unfortunately, since I have gone back to the wonderful world of contracting, if I don't work - I don't get paid. So while my lovely wife went back to Sydney a week early to spend some quality time with the friends & family, I had to stay back in Brisbane & work.

The good part is that I talked her into letting me hang with the kid, and catching up with her later. We have had the best time ever. We have been watching "A Shark's Tale" every night since Friday....we went to a local koala sanctuary and fed kangaroos and petted sheep....we went to the farmers' market & got heaps of good food....played at the park a dozen times....but mostly, have just hung out together and laughed and played games and cuddled....

I could never, in a million years, with anyone's vocabulary, express how much fun it is to hang with my little monkey. She's cute, too...


4 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger mademoiselle said...

If you don't mind my asking ... what does a contractor do, exactly? I've always wondered about that. Oh, and do they always have to be "independent"? You never hear about any other kind.

Personally, I much preferred "Finding Nemo" to "A Shark's Tale", actually.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger IFLYG said...

lol...

A "contractor", at least in the sense i'm used to, is like a regular employee of an organisation, but without the overhead - the organisation doesn't pay any sick leave, or holidays, or superannuation, or training, etc. They can also "terminate the contract" - fire me - at a moment's notice, and I wouldn't have any legal rights.

It allows the organisation to capitalise the cost of a resource, instead of wearing it on their bottom line. So it's convenient for them, risky for me, and I can make between 2 -3 times as much as I would if I were a regular full-time employee.

And I liked Nemo better, too - but I'm not in charge of what we watch anymore...

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Steph said...

How do you not kiss those cheeks right OFF??? She's gorgeous!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger cape buffalo said...

Whay a beautiful child.

Hi! I'm "back" after a summer off from blogging. I got your email about the bloggest idea (where do you live? remember? I do!)

Let's do 24 hours in the life of.... photoessays? You up for it?

Missed you, homie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home